"My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9b

Monday, September 23, 2013

Fearfully and Wonderfully Made - September 23, 2013


“Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain…I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” Psalm 139:4, 14a

What has grown out of a lifelong fascination with the human body is an overwhelming awe of God. How someone could think the human body gradually evolved from some primordial slime is beyond comprehension.
            Whether assisting with the birth of a child, caring for someone as they heal from a terrible accident or illness, or standing at a death bed, I feel the presence of the Holy Spirit. Read Genesis 2 and imagine the Creator God kneeling, kneading and molding as He “…formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life.” Psalm 139 says, “…you knit me together in my mother’s womb…my frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place…your eyes saw my unformed body.”
            I recently heard of a young man with terrible birth defects who came to know the Lord as his Savior when he heard those words and realized God made him just as he was meant to be for God’s purposes.
            As I stand in an Intensive Care Unit and watch the different indicators on the monitor, I measure how much man knows about the human body, yet truly how much more is incomprehensible. Conception, birth, healing, and death are cause for great wonder. God created something so marvelous, with such wonderful physical and mental capabilities.
            When you feel as if God is far from you, or question His existence, think on the loving care He took when He made you. You are a unique creation, different from anyone who ever lived or ever will live. God is never finished with us here on this earth. If you choose to follow Him, He will continue working to make you like Him throughout your life.
            What God is doing may be too lofty for you to comprehend, but you can trust Him to make all things right when you know that He, Himself, formed you for a special purpose. Seek Him and trust Him with all your heart.


See Nick Vujicic - http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=W5mbldTkruM&feature=share

© Copyright 2013 by Norma Gail Thurston Holtman and http://normagail-2mefromhim.blogspot.com. 
 All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment