"My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9b

Monday, August 12, 2013

2MefromHim Weekly Devotional - August 12


Time Management

Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” Psalms 90:12

With a second-grader and a kindergartner in two different schools, one ten miles from home, I had no lack of things to do. When the phone call came from my Bible Study Fellowship teaching leader, asking if I would consider becoming a discussion leader, I said yes. I was anxious to be trained to lead a Bible study discussion, and looked forward to the challenge of ministering to the women in my group. There was a lot on my plate.

Lessons, phone calls, meetings, teaching first grade choir at church, and driving long distances on the Interstate to get my kids to school was a lot. Added to that was caring for my family, soccer practices, and piano lessons. The obvious path would have been to concentrate on my family, and the necessities.

As I prayed, I knew God had called me to minister to other women. I craved the in-depth study of God’s word, so I prayed and kept going. As I look back, I wonder how I managed to juggle everything, yet I would do the same if I had to choose again.

Following eight years as a BSF discussion leader, I began the first weekly women’s Bible studies in our small, non-denominational church. By that time, my youngest was a senior in high school, the oldest, a freshman at college. Two months after accepting the position of Women’s Ministry Bible Study Coordinator, I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer. The easiest thing would have been to resign. My husband and I prayed, and I kept on, building a team of facilitators and assistants who could handle things when I could not, for both morning and evening studies.

I am not Superwoman. I got tired, and frustrated, but God reassured me that I was in His will. It hasn’t always been easy, but I have led Bible studies for 18 years. I don’t know how many hours I have studied, but I could not have been more blessed.

Doing God’s work opens His storehouses of mercy and grace. When determined to do His will, there is no limit to His mercy and grace. When I make my time available to God, He enables and blesses.

© Copyright 2013 by Norma Gail Thurston Holtman and http://normagail-2mefromhim.blogspot.com. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment