"My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9b

Monday, July 1, 2013

2MefromHim Devotional for the Week - July 1

Who is in Control?
 
 “Like a city whose walls are broken down is a man who lacks self-control.”
Proverbs 25:28
 
 Things that hurt my children make me angry. My temper is perhaps my worst weakness. When something isn’t done right, I sometimes lose self-control. Losing control doesn’t honor God. When my daughter was a senior in high school, I felt a coach failed to handle a situation in the correct manner.
 
 Following surgery for thyroid cancer, I was weak and my emotions were raw. I sometimes made choices based on my feelings, without seeking God’s way. When the first meeting didn’t accomplish what I wanted, I went higher. My words were angry and hurtful, rather than constructive and healing.
 
 Ten years later, I still have regrets. The coach was wrong in some ways, but my behavior was not justified. I failed to let God work things out His way. As a Christian my actions should reflect my Lord and Savior. I should not act until I am certain I am in concert with Him. There are no regrets when He is honored.
 
 Every time I speak, I make a choice to honor God or do things my way. I failed to seek His guidance, and perhaps made things worse. My daughter showed more maturity than I.
 
 When faced with a situation where you must choose how to respond, stop and pray. Do you lack self-control? Are you focused on your desires when perhaps God has something different in mind?
 
 Pray through the situation. Don’t act until you see clearly what God would have you do. Rather than lose self-control, honor God by letting Him take control.  You will have no regrets and everything will turn out much better.
© Copyright 2013 by Norma Gail Thurston Holtman and
http://normagail-2mefromhim.blogspot.com.
All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment