"My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness..." 2 Corinthians 12:9b

Monday, March 25, 2013

Behold the Lamb of God - Part III

For you know that it was not with perishable things such as silver or gold that you were redeemed from the empty way of life…but with the precious blood of Christ, a lamb without blemish or defect.
1 Peter 1:18-19

            My life has meaning and purpose that will live after I am gone. Not everyone can say that, but I am more certain of that than anything except that I will spend eternity in heaven with Jesus. If you can’t make those statements, you need to examine the true meaning of Easter.
            I sin like everyone else. I have wrong thoughts and motives, I get angry and lazy and waste some of the time God has given me, but I am a child of God because I have accepted the forgiveness He offers.
            All religions claim to offer “a way” to God, only Jesus Christ claimed to be “the way, the truth, and the life.” Only Jesus promised salvation from God’s judgment and the certainty of eternal life, rather than a hope of maybe being good enough. No path I can follow or deed I can perform will make me good enough to earn it. Salvation is a gift from the only man good enough, “the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.”
             As the only innocent man who ever lived hung on a cross, His life’s blood pouring onto the ground below, the world was plunged into darkness and He cried out, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?” The sins of every person who ever lived or will live, were placed on Him, and God, the Father, turned His back because a holy God cannot look on sin.
            God accepted His sacrifice at the exact moment the lambs were being sacrificed in the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem. Jesus’ cry of, “It is finished,” meant the debt owed to God for the sins of mankind was paid in full, and He gave up His spirit and died. When I accept the forgiveness He offers for my sin, paid by the shedding of His blood, He grants forgiveness and eternal life as a gift.
           Gifts aren’t earned, they are given. They only become a gift when the receiver accepts them. Have you accepted the free gift of salvation from Jesus Christ?
             If you can’t make the statement I can, accept God’s gift of forgiveness this Easter. When God looks at you, He will see the forgiveness paid for by Jesus Christ, and you will be good enough, through no act of your own, but by the blood of Jesus Christ.

© Copyright 2013 by Norma Gail Thurston Holtman and
http://normagail-2mefromhim.blogspot.com.
All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful it is to find you, Norma (or do you prefer Norma Gail?). Thanks to Kathyrn Holmes blog.

    I love your post! Thank you for reminding me of the preciousness of my Savior's sacrifice and the miracle of His gifts to me.

    As someone who moved from the Houston area to Seminole, TX, I could use the wisdom of a "desert rat."

    I'm a Bible study author. My first one, Storms of Life, was published in Dec, 2010. As often happens, pressures of life took control for a couple years and I'm now working on my second study.

    Are you a freelance editor? I would value your critique as a one who loves Bible studies.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete